Not Actively Recruiting
Friday, May 21, 2021
As a Product Operations Administrator you will serve as the link between Suppliers, the reservations department, and Classic Vacations information management systems. This position requires strong comprehension and interpretation of data and the entry of detailed contract information into Classic’s database, making hotel inventory (guestrooms) available for sale through the central reservation system.
Once the information is entered, the Product Administrator must also answer questions about these contracts and information loads for reservations as they sell vacations to Travel agents/consumers.
Skills required for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Basic math skills (High School or equivalent)
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Windows, Outlook, Excel, Smartsheet and data entry), typing (40 WPM +)
• High attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task, learn the specifics of the destinations, problem solve, and meet deadlines.
• The flexibility to adapt to a dynamic, changing environment.
Specific competency requirements are outlined below. The duties and responsibilities below set forth some, but not all, of the job requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The Product Operation Administrator is responsible for entering detailed data, rates, content, and inventory into Classic’s database (PleX) including the following:
• Content management including: General information, Amenities/activities, Itinerary descriptions, and Room data
• Inventory/Release Date
• Terms and conditions
• Services and Extras
• Rate codes and Rate specials (“addendum’s”)
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Smartsheet and Outlook to be able compose letters and emails, calculate buy/sell margins, and understand how data entry affects company profits.
• Manage the processing of manifest confirmations, changes, and cancellations to & from hotel vendors. This includes inputting confirmation numbers, identifying problems such as incorrect items booked or inputted in the CV database, and researching and providing solutions to such problems.
• Resolve operational issues (reservation requests, system errors, advising, etc.)
• Maintain inventory blocks for sale to Classic Customers. This includes closing/opening inventory as needed
• Run product usage reports and verify the quality of data entry (QA)
• Resolve operational issues, troubleshoot and problem solve within and outside the department
Interpersonal Skills :
• Writing skills – ability to compose cohesive fax cover letters, product updates, business letters and itinerary descriptions
• Verbal Skills- ability to answer calls from reservations and vendors
• Identify callers needs
• Research problem and source solution
• Provide quick, courteous and logical response
• Keep others informed on the status of progress toward a solution
• Elevate critical issues as needed
• Communicate with co-workers to answer questions, share the best approaches, helping to solve problems and assisting with work
• Collaborate with Vendor Payables Department. regarding reconciliation issues
Personal Effectiveness :
• Strive for 100% accuracy of data load and related duties in a timely fashion.
• Recognize and identify system discrepancies and offer possible solutions
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and team commitment to achieve department goals
• Demonstrate positive attitude and cultivate relationships with co-workers, management, members of other departments and external vendors
• Focus on contributing to the achievement of business objectives and goals within deadlines
• Manage projects as assigned by Supervisor and Manager.
• Identify, improve and design processes to streamline efficiencies in daily workload, inter-departmental operations, and internal/external communications as related to Product Development department functions.
• Assume additional responsibilities as defined by Supervisor and Manager