Tuesday, November 16, 2021
We are looking for an experienced cloud engineer to work with our engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions. You will be responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
To be successful as a cloud engineer, you should be able to identify the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our clients and maintain cloud infrastructures in accordance with best practices and company security policies. A top-notch cloud engineer should have excellent troubleshooting skills, stay current with industry trends, and should be a team player In this role, you will be a critical member of a growing team which is using the latest technology to enable an effortless customer experience across voice, web, mobile and social network platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip.
• Collaborating with engineering and development teams to evaluate and identify optimal cloud solutions.
• Modifying and improving existing systems.
• Identify new cloud technologies and platforms to help solve technical challenges or limitations in the existing infrastructure.
• Designing, developing, and deploying modular cloud-based systems.
• Developing and maintaining cloud solutions in accordance with best practices.
• Ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security.
• Identifying, analyzing, and resolving infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues.
• Regularly reviewing existing systems and making recommendations for improvements.
• Interacting with clients, providing cloud support, and making recommendations based on client needs.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
• At least 2 years of hands-on experience in the field of cloud computing (Azure and AWS), with demonstrated experience automating production cloud workloads.
• Some experience in cloud computing technologies, scripting languages (Python, NodeJS, Ruby, etc.),
• Hands-on experience of IP Networking including VPCs, DNS, load-balancing, and firewalls. (Arista routers, Palo Alto Firewalls)
• Experience with the Zscaler technology is a plus but not required
• Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle in an Agile environment.
• Critical thinking with strong relationship management and customer focus.
• Clear, effective communication and evaluation of information to make decisions.
Classic Vacations offers a competitive total rewards package including the following:
• Competitive compensation
• Health and voluntary insurance coverages
• 401K with a company match
• Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Time
• 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
• Travel Benefits