Not Actively Recruiting
Friday, May 21, 2021
This is an hourly position plus incentive. The Group Sales Specialist position is responsible for the initial contact with leads interested in booking 5 or more rooms at a single hotel, converting these leads into customers, and obtaining a signed contract with initial required deposit.
• Qualify and close phone and email leads for CV group bookings
• Input data for groups booked into Group Manger
• Communicate all proposal/contract negotiations with Group Supervisor
• Responsible for correspondence with customer until contract is signed and deposit received
• Responsible for customer satisfaction
• Responsible for turning group file over to Group Coordinator once contract is signed and deposit received
• 3+ years related experience in sales and /or travel
• Strong time management and follow-up skills
• Strong negotiation skills, especially with businesses
• Experience negotiating with hotels & airlines is preferred
• Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and the internet
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strive for 100% accuracy of group bookings and related duties in a timely fashion.
• Recognize and identify system discrepancies and offer possible solutions
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and team commitment to achieve department goals
• Demonstrate positive attitude and nurture relationships with co-workers, management and members of other departments
• Focus on contributing to the achievement of business objectives and goals within deadlines
• Manage projects as assigned by Group Manager and Group Coordinator.
• Identify, improve and design processes to streamline efficiencies in daily workload, inter-departmental operations, and internal/external communications as related to the Reservations department functions.
Click Here to submit resume
* or submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the Job Title and Job ID to your e-mail's subject line.